For the full article go here… https://blog.hootsuite.com/facebook-statistics/
Right here is a fantastic article on content curation best practices
Everyone’s got an opinion about Facebook. Some people think it’s a fun way to keep up with friends and family. Others believe so deeply in its lasting cultural relevance they permanently ink their bodies in honor of it. Some businesses continue to invest more time and money into Facebook, while some choose to focus on other social networks.
Opinions are one thing, but when you’re evaluating the usefulness of Facebook for your business what you really need is data. We’re talking cold, hard stats—and there’s A LOT out there. Luckily, we’ve done the work for you. This list covers everything from Facebook user statistics to demographics, usage trends, and advertising insights. Enjoy!
Facebook user statistics
Facebook has more than a billion active users:
- The platform has 1.71 billion monthly active users and 1.13 billion daily active users, on average.
- Facebook boasts 1.57 billion mobile monthly active users and 1.03 million mobile daily active users, on average.
- Facebook Lite, an app designed for the developing world’s slower internet connections, has 100 million monthly active users.
But it’s a small world after all:
- Everyone on Facebook is connected to one another by an average of 3.57 degrees of separation.
Average friends per user:
- The average Facebook user has 155 friends (but would only turn to four of them in a crisis).
- Women have more Facebook friends on average than men: 166 compared to 145.
What these stats mean for your business
I’m accustomed to only using the word “billion” to convey a type of kidding-not-kidding hyperbole (i.e. “I want to eat a billion pizzas for lunch”) but in Facebook’s case, there
Your Turn! Include your ideas below …